The Handmade Expo is a high quality market showcasing talented craftspeople, artists, designers, provider of high quality supplies and gourmets. Potential participants are required to submit an application form and accompanying product images. Your images may be used on the website and promotional material.
Upon receiving a notice of approval, full payment will be required before market day. Absolutely no cash payments will be taken on the day for that market but cash payments will be accepted for the following market date. If payment or proof of payment is not provided before market day, a site will not be allocated to you.
The Handmade Expo has Public and Product Liability in place for stallholders who do not carry their own. If you do have your own insurance, than you will not be covered under ours. It is illegal to have 2 insurance covers.
As of 2017 those without insurance cover will be charged an additional fee of $5 per market date booked to be covered under our insurance policy.
ACCEPTABLE INSURANCE RISKS:
Food and beverage (not food vans, not alcohol), arts and crafts, novelties (eg. glow sticks), clothing and accessories (i.e. sunglasses, jewellery, etc.), temporary tattoos (i.e. spray- on), books, videos, DVD’s, CD’s, souvenirs, produce, exhibiting (marketing only, not selling actual goods or service), trash and treasure
UNACCEPTABLE INSURANCE RISKS: In respect of Products Liability only the following risks are unacceptable: Health/ cosmetics / medicines / potions / oils / soaps, alcohol, candles, amusement device operators, electrical goods / tools, second hand toys, massage / therapy, hazardous, flammable or dangerous goods. Any risks not mentioned above are a referral to the insurer. On occasions where you sell products / services which are a mix of Acceptable and Unacceptable Risks, only the Acceptable risks will be insured.
The Handmade Expo at Bundaberg is held at:
Bundaberg West State School
George St, Bundaberg West, QLD, 4670
Entrance to the market is via Steffensen St
What do YOU get for your stall fee:
- Site in a high traffic/profile area at a regular highly sought after market
- Paid advertising in newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio, online
- Signage around the local area
- Editorials in media whenever possible
- All online event calendars
- Blogs/Websites and Facebook
- High quality venue with GREAT exposure
- Public and Product Liability insurance (most stallholders)
- Brochures displayed and distributed
- You are required to provide your own tables, chairs, table cloths, canopy's and weights (if applicable) and any other miscellaneous item in order for you to sell at your stall. Your site fee provides you the space only.
It is understood that you have read and accepted the rules/conditions of the market when you apply.
1. The Handmade Expo is a HANDMADE, HANDBAKED and HANDGROWN market (with a few supplies thrown in) and now with VINTAGE.
All products on your site that you have for sale at The Handmade Expo Market must be handmade by you in Australia however, we do allow third party handmade selling. A link to each seller you are representing needs to be listed on your application form for assessment and acknowledged at your stall. We do not allow any imported, mass produced or manufactured items on any stall (apart from approved high quality supplies).
In the past, we have had a few concerns with stall holders bringing in items that they have not made personally. To qualify as handmade, the creator must have a creative input into the product rather than purchasing a pre-made embellishment online (it is ok if you make the embellishment) and sticking it onto a clip, or t-shirt (or other item) or changing a tag or packaging. Sometimes it is easy to spot items that are not handmade as we have seen them elsewhere in the exactly the same design on numerous stalls.
It is in your best interest to make sure all items on your stall are unique to you, that you are able to adjust your designs to fill an order if required and you can also change your product to suit the demand of the market clientele.
If questioned by one of The Handmade Expo Market Team you must be able to demonstrate how that item was made and if found in breach of our handmade only policy all items will need to be removed from sale immediately.
We hope by reminding you in advance of our market that we will not have any concerns with items on any stall (regardless of what type of items you make) and will be able to proudly remain The Handmade Expo Market, excellence in making-baking-growing.
GOURMET FOOD SECTION: A stallholder may sell gourmet foods on a 3rd party basis such as cheeses, yoghurts, deli meats etc provided they are handmade in Australia and by a small family run business. Product approval is subject to coordinators discretion.
2. Bump in and Bump out times as well as final details pertaining to the market day will be provided in an email prior to market day by the Market Coordinator. Pack up time is 1pm. We do not have to stop trading at 1pm. If there are lots of customers, we can keep trading and this is at the discretion of the Market Coordinator.
3. Please DO NOT pack up until advertised closing time of 1pm as this causes hazards for the general public and yourself and could negate your insurance cover and therefore you would be liable for any damages. If you have sold out of your product, please see your market coordinator for further instructions.
4. Allocation of individual sites will be available within the week of the market. Any requests you have need to be placed on your application form for consideration or emailed to the Market Coordinator. While all attempts will be made to allocate you in the same site, this may not always be possible, however, you can be allocated a permanent AREA by attending the markets each and every month.
5. No refunds will be given whatsoever unless the stallholder has paid for the full year in advance. The Handmade Expo Market trades rain, hail or shine. No credits or refunds are issued in the case of bad weather. The Market will trade in all weather conditions. Please do not apply for a stall unless you are prepared to take the risk. The Bundaberg venue is a mostly undercover/indoor venue with some outdoor sites available.
If a stallholder cancels within 14 days of the market it is up to the discretion of the Market Coordinator if they transfer payment to another date however only ONE transfer per market year will occur, if you miss the next booked date you lose your payment. Transfers shall not be expected. There will be no transfers of payment if cancellations occur within 48 hours of the market.
6. Copying the ideas and work of other stallholders may be in breach of creative copyright and is not in the spirit of the market. Any grievances need to be directed speciﬁcally to the relevant stallholders. The Handmade Expo Market takes no responsibility in determining copyright legality.
7. It is the market coordinators decision as to how many stalls can sell the same or similar products. Please do not expect to have exclusive rights on any products. The market coordinators decision is final. Any new products that are added to your range that were not on your original application form need to be assessed and approved either by completing a new application form OR emailing through photos to the Market Coordinator for approval/non approval (for eg... originally selling kids clothes and adding a skin care range). Approval for additional products is at the Market Coordinators discretion.
8. Rafﬂe tickets are not to be sold at The Handmade Expo Market unless prior approval has been given by the Market Coordinator
9. Stallholders are responsible for leaving their site and surrounding area clean & tidy from rubbish, etc. If a stallholders site is not left clean, a $10 cleaning fee may apply.
10. Stallholders must conﬁne their displays and signs to the stall site and keep pathways clear for patrons as per insurance policy requirements. Tablecloths must also be tucked into and around tables so as not to cause a hazard.
11. If you have an outdoor site, you MUST have a canopy and they MUST be secured or weighed down at all times.
12. Stallholders using gas or electrical appliances must have a suitable ﬁre extinguisher or ﬁre blanket on site. Electrical leads must be tagged by a qualiﬁed tester every 12 months...max. This will be checked regularly by the Market Coordinator
13. It is the responsibility of you as the Stallholder and not The Handmade Expo Market whatsoever, to trade in accordance with Market, State and Local Laws. This applies to anybody selling food. If you are selling food please ensure you have a copy of your current, applicable licences with you on the day of the market as The Handmade Expo Market Coordinators may ask to view them or a local Food / Health Inspector maybe onsite at our market at any time, without notice.
14. It is the responsibility of you as the Stallholder and not The Handmade Expo Market whatsoever to ensure you conform to any Australian standards pertaining to your product.
15. Loud product promotion by Stallholders is not permitted.
16. Stalls must NOT pack up until the advertised closing time of 1pm.
17. The Handmade Expo Market accepts no responsibility for damages of goods
18. The Handmade Expo Market has the right to withdraw the right to trade of any Stallholder in dispute with The Handmade Expo Market. Trade will be only reinstated if the dispute is resolved to The Handmade Expo Markets’ satisfaction.
19. Dogs: In the interest of health & safety NO DOGS (applies to stallholders and patrons) are permitted to enter the market area (apart from, of course, special needs dogs).
20. The Handmade Expo Market accepts no responsibility for the damage of any vehicle or market hardware (tables, canopies, etc)
21. We highly encourage a smoke free market. Please keep in mind the 4m law. There is no smoking at all inside the Bundaberg West State School grounds.
22. The Handmade Expo Market will not tolerate any form of bullying whether it be online or physically between stallholders or towards management of The Handmade Expo Market. If evidence of bullying has been brought to our attention and a formal complaint has been made, the person or persons instigating the bullying will not be welcome at any of our markets to trade and prior approvals will be withdrawn. The Handmade Expo Market takes this very seriously and as it has a huge negative impact on our market, our decision is final and there is no negotiation on the matter. If negativity is seen to be directed against The Handmade Expo Market either on social media or to another person resulting from cancellation of approval, independent legal action will be taken.
Vintage Market Guidelines:
This is the first time The handmade Expo Market has offered sites for Vintage items to be sold in conjunction with our market. We have a vision for stalls to be within keeping of the look and feel of The Handmade Expo Market and will be appropriately assessing each application with our vision in mind. You will be asked to supply lots of information with your application, photos, facebook,website, pictures of your stall set up and the more information you can give us, the easier it will be for both of us.
1. If you are applying to sell in our vintage section, all of your stock must be true vintage or collectable. By definition vintage is ‘Denoting something from the past of high quality, especially something representing the best of its kind’.
2. All vintage items must be clean and your displays presentable, with table cloths to the floor to hide boxes and packaging items.
3. The following items are not permitted at this market: knives (excluding small pocket knives), swords, weaponry, tools, heavy metal or machinery items that require oil or petrol, any items with vulgarities, smutty humour/ swear words or nudity. Whilst they may be vintage or collectable, this is not the market for those items.
4. We do not accept any modern reproduction or mass produced items under the vintage market section.
5. Care must be taken at all times to make sure any stock resting on the floor of your display, does not damage the floor surface ( eg garden furniture with metal legs, heavy wooden boxes)
6. You will be able to combine your handmade items with some vintage items, if you make application to do so and include this in your description.
7. All electrical items for sale must be tagged with either an appropriate safety tag or a clear and visible tag that states the item has not been tested and deemed safe and the buyer must do so before using. ( For example Lamps )
8. Any breakages at your stall are not included in our insurance, you must therefore have your own insurance if you want to cover expensive breakages.
9. Detailed photographs of a typical stall set up of your goods will need to accompany your application. The photos should depict the type of items you sell and how you display them. We have a standard set for this market and will only be approving applicants who display that standard.
If you list a Facebook page on your application, we will expect to see photos as examples of your market and display experience on your page. If you are a creative, we would also like to see some of your works in progress.
We realise by showing us previous pictures of your vintage setup and items that they may already be sold and cannot be reproduced, but it will give us an idea of your style.
Once you have read the attached "rules and guidelines" and completed the Application Form (which you can access on the website at www.thehandmadeexpo.com.au ) please email your photos & insurance form if applicable to email@example.com
The Handmade Expo Team looks forward to receiving your application form for assessment :)