The Forest Hill Boutique Market is a high quality market showcasing talented craftspeople, artists, designers, provider of high quality supplies and gourmets. Potential participants are required to submit an application form and accompanying product images. Images may be used on the website and promotional material.
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR YOUR STALL FEE?
- Site in a high traffic/profile area at a regular highly sought after market
- Web presence - including link to your website or blog.
- The chance to feature on the blog through profile applications
- Paid advertising in newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio
- Signage including banners/a-frames and corflutes
- Editorials in media whenever possible
- Online event calendars
- High quality venue with GREAT exposure
- Public and Product Liability insurance (most stallholders)
It is understood that you have read and accepted the rules/conditions of the market when you apply.
The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market have Public and Product Liability in place for stallholders who do not carry their own. If you do have your own insurance, then you will not be covered under ours. It is illegal to have two insurance covers. Please email through a certificate of currency upon application.
As of 2017 those without insurance cover will be charged an additional fee of $5 per market date booked to be covered under our insurance policy.
ACCEPTABLE INSURANCE RISKS:
Food and beverage (not food vans, not alcohol), arts and crafts, novelties (eg. glow sticks), clothing and accessories (i.e. sunglasses, jewellery, etc.), temporary tattoos (i.e. spray- on), books, videos, DVD’s, CD’s, souvenirs, produce, exhibiting (marketing only, not selling actual goods or service), trash and treasure
UNACCEPTABLE INSURANCE RISKS:
In respect of Products Liability only the following risks are unacceptable: Health/ cosmetics / medicines / potions / oils / soaps, alcohol, candles, amusement device operators, electrical goods / tools, second hand toys, massage / therapy, hazardous, flammable or dangerous goods. Any risks not mentioned above are a referral to the insurer. On occasions where you sell products / services which are a mix of Acceptable and Unacceptable Risks, only the Acceptable risks will be insured.
WHERE IS THE FOREST HILL BOUTIQUE MARKET HELD?
The School of Arts Hall, Railway Street, Forest Hill
The market operates between 8am - 1pm.
1. All products on your site that you have for sale at The Handmade Expo Market must be handmade by you in Australia however; we do allow third party handmade selling. A link to each seller you are representing needs to be listed on your application form for assessment. Packaging only is not sufficient involvement. Stallholders who value-add to a product must provide significant creative input to the product and not just apply token additions (please see #1 - IPSWICH GUIDELINES for more specific description)GOURMET FOOD SECTION: A stallholder may sell gourmet foods on a 3rd party basis such as cheeses, yoghurts, deli meats etc provided they are handmade in Australia and by a small family run business. Product approval is subject to coordinators discretion.
2. Unloading of cars is between 6:00am – 7:45am. All cars must be off site by 7:45am.
Parking is available in the designated stallholder carpark.. Pack up time is 1pm. We do not have to stop trading at 1pm. If there are lots of customers, we can keep trading. You are more than welcome to pack your site up and move your items to your vehicle but NO cars are allowed on site while the general public is still inside or outdoors or the OK has been given by the Co-ordinators.
No early pack up will be permitted before 1pm.
3. Allocation of sites is done the week before the market. Any requests you have need to be placed on your application form for consideration. Indoor sites will only be secured upon receipt of payment.
4. No refunds will be given whatsoever. The Forest Hill Boutique Market will trade rain, hail or shine. No credits or refunds are issued in the case of bad weather. The Market will trade in all weather conditions. Please do not apply for a stall unless you are prepared to take the risk.
If a stallholder cancels within 14 days of the market it is up to the discretion of the Market Coordinator if they transfer payment to another date however only ONE transfer per market year will occur, if you miss the next booked date you lose your payment. Transfers shall not be expected. There will be no transfers of payment if cancellations occur within 48 hours of the market.
Copying the ideas and work of other stallholders may be in breach of creative copyright and is not in the spirit of the market. Any grievances need to be directed specifically to the relevant stallholders. The Handmade Expo takes no responsibility in determining copyright legality.
5. Raffle tickets are not to be sold at The Forest Hill Boutique Market unless prior approval has been given.
6. Stallholders are responsible for leaving their site and surrounding area clean & tidy from rubbish, etc. If a stallholder’s site is not left clean, a $10 cleaning fee may apply. Indoor stallholders must ensure the floor is protected.
7. Stallholders must confine their displays and signs to the stall site and keep pathways clear for patrons as per insurance policy requirements.
8. Tents and covers must be secure or weighed down at all times. Tent pegs and ropes must not extend into pathways. We highly recommend and encourage a canopy for the outdoor sites. As you are aware, you will need to provide your own tables.
9. Stallholders using gas or electrical appliances must have a suitable fire extinguisher or fire blanket on site. Electrical leads must be tagged by a qualified tester every 12 months. This will be checked.
10. It is the responsibility of the stallholder to trade in accordance with Market, State and Local Laws. This applies to anybody selling food.
11. It is the responsibility of the stallholder to ensure they conform to any Australian standards pertaining to their product.
12. Loud product promotion by stallholders is not permitted.
13. Stalls must not pack up until the advertised closing time.
14. The Forest Hill Boutique Market accepts no responsibility for damages of goods.
15. The Forest Hill Boutique Market has the right to withdraw the right to trade of any stallholder in dispute with The Handmade Expo. Trade will be only reinstated if the dispute is resolved to The Handmade Expo satisfaction.
16. Dogs: In the interest of health & safety NO DOGS (applies to stallholders and patrons) are permitted to enter the market area.
17. We highly encourage a smoke free market; however, we know this cannot be the case. We do however ask that you smoke AWAY from your site, other stallholders and the public. Please keep in mind the 4m law.
18. The hall floor has recently been polished after many years. We have been advised that you are able to use the hall tables for indoor stalls (limited available...please advise if you would like to utilise these). If you want to bring your own tables for indoors the feet MUST be totally padded/protected from scratching the floor. You will incur a charge if the floor is scratched at your stall due the table or other freestanding display units you use for your stall set up.
VINTAGE MARKET GUIDELINES:
The handmade Expo and Vintage Market offer sites for Vintage items to be sold in conjunction with our market at the Forest Hill location. We have a vision for stalls to be within keeping of the look and feel of The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market and will be appropriately assessing each application with our vision in mind. You will be asked to supply lots of information with your application, photos, Facebook website, pictures of your stall set up and the more information you can give us, the easier it will be for both of us.
1. If you are applying to sell in our vintage section, all of your stock must be true vintage or collectable. By definition vintage is ‘Denoting something from the past of high quality, especially something representing the best of its kind’.
2. All vintage items must be clean and your displays presentable, with table cloths to the floor to hide boxes and packaging items.
3. The following items are not permitted at this market: knives (excluding small pocket knives), swords, weaponry, tools, heavy metal or machinery items that require oil or petrol, any items with vulgarities, smutty humour/ swear words or nudity. Whilst they may be vintage or collectable, this is not the market for those items.
4. We do not accept any modern reproduction or mass produced items under the vintage market section.
5. Care must be taken at all times to make sure any stock resting on the floor of your display, does not damage the floor surface (eg. garden furniture with metal legs, heavy wooden boxes)
6. You will be able to combine your handmade items with some vintage items, if you make application to do so and include this in your description.
7. All electrical items for sale must be tagged with either an appropriate safety tag or a clear and visible tag that states the item has not been tested and deemed safe and the buyer must do so before using. (For example Lamps)
8. Any breakages at your stall are not included in our insurance, you must therefore have your own insurance if you want to cover expensive breakages.
9. Detailed photographs of a typical stall set up of your goods will need to accompany your application. The photos should depict the type of items you sell and how you display them. We have a standard set for this market and will only be approving applicants who display that standard.If you list a Facebook page on your application, we will expect to see photos as examples of your market and display experience on your page. If you are a creative, we would also like to see some of your works in progress.
We realise by showing us previous pictures of your vintage setup and items that they may already be sold and cannot be reproduced, but it will give us an idea of your style.
Once you have read the attached "rules and guidelines" and completed the Application Form (which you can access on the website at www.thehandmadeexpo.com.au) please email your photos & insurance form if applicable to email@example.com
The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market Team look forward to receiving your application form for assessment.
From Andrew, Miriam, Liesa & Korina