The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market is a high quality market showcasing talented craftspeople, artists, designers, provider of high quality supplies and gourmets and now including high quality vintage. Potential participants are required to submit an application form and accompanying product images. Images may be used on the website and promotional material.
Please note it will be a requirement of applying for a place at The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market that you add a link from your website, blog, Facebook etc if you have one. Please contact us if you are unsure on how to do this.
Upon receiving a notice of approval, full payment will be required before the market that you wish to attend. Cash on the day will not be accepted whatsoever. If payment or proof of payment is not received by market day, an area will not be allocated to you. If you miss 1 market you are not guaranteed the same allocated area.
The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market have Public and Product Liability in place for stallholders who do not carry their own. If you do have your own insurance, than you will not be covered under ours. It is illegal to have 2 insurance covers. Please email through a Certificate of Currency upon application.
As of 2017 those without insurance cover will be charged an additional fee of $5 per market date booked to be covered under our insurance policy.
ACCEPTABLE INSURANCE RISKS:
Food and beverage (not food vans, not alcohol), arts and crafts, novelties (eg. glow sticks), clothing and accessories (i.e. sunglasses, jewellery, etc.), temporary tattoos (i.e. spray- on), books, videos, DVD’s, CD’s, souvenirs, produce, exhibiting (marketing only, not selling actual goods or service), trash and treasure.
UNACCEPTABLE INSURANCE RISKS:
In respect of Products Liability only the following risks are unacceptable: Health/ cosmetics / medicines / potions / oils / soaps, alcohol, candles, amusement device operators, electrical goods / tools, second hand toys, massage / therapy, hazardous, flammable or dangerous goods. Any risks not mentioned above are a referral to the insurer. On occasions where you sell products / services which are a mix of Acceptable and Unacceptable Risks, only the Acceptable risks will be insured.
WHERE IS THE HANDMADE EXPO AT IPSWICH HELD?
The Ipswich Turf Club, Brisbane Rd, Bundamba.
WHAT DO YOU GET FOR YOUR STALL FEE?
- Site in a high traffic/profile area at a regular highly sought after market
- Web presence - including link to your website or blog.
- The chance to feature on the blog through profile applications
- Paid advertising in newspapers, magazines, newsletters, radio
- Signage around Ipswich including banners/a-frames and corflutes
- Editorials in media whenever possible
- All online event calendars
- High quality venue with GREAT exposure
- Public and Product Liability insurance (most stallholders)
It is understood that you have read and accepted the rules/conditions of the market when you apply.
OUR GUIDELINES (SEE VINTAGE GUIDELINES BELOW)
1. The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market is a HANDMADE, HANDBAKED, HANDGROWN and VINTAGE market (with a few high quality supplies thrown in).All products on your site that you have for sale at The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market must be handmade by you, however, we do allow third party handmade selling. A link to each seller you are representing needs to be listed on your application form for assessment. We do not allow any imported, mass produced or manufactured items on any stall (apart from high quality supplies which are to be included in your application, assessed and approved by the Market Coordinator).In the past, we have had a few concerns with stall holders bringing in items that they have not made personally. To qualify as handmade the creator must have a creative input into the product rather than purchasing a pre-made embellishment online (it is ok if you make the embellishment) and sticking it onto a clip, or t-shirt (or other item) or changing a tag or packaging. Sometimes it is easy to spot items that are not handmade as we have seen them elsewhere in the exactly the same design on numerous stalls. It is in your best interest to make sure all items on your stall are unique to you, that you are able to adjust your designs to fill an order if required and you can also change your product to suit the demand of the market clientele.
If questioned by one of The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market Team you must be able to demonstrate how that item was made and if found in breach of our handmade only policy all items will need to be removed from sale immediately.
We hope by reminding you in advance of our market that we will not have any concerns with items on any stall (regardless of what type of items you make) and will be able to proudly remain The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market, the place to go for quality handmade items.
GOURMET FOOD SECTION: A stallholder may sell gourmet foods on a 3rd party basis such as cheeses, yoghurts, deli meats etc provided they are handmade in Australia and by a small family run business. Product approval is subject to coordinators discretion.
2. Unloading of cars is between 5:30am – 7:45am. All cars must be off site by 7:45am.Parking is available free of charge at the front paddock...No parking is to take place on TL COONEY AVE....This is left for our wonderful customers. Please do not PARK ONSITE...Pack up time is 1pm. We do not have to stop trading at 1pm. If there are lots of customers, we can keep trading. You are more than welcome to pack your site up and move your items to your vehicle but NO cars are allowed on site while the general public is still inside or the OK has been given by the Co-ordinators. No early pack up will be permitted. Please do not come through the back gate before 1pm. If something should happen involving your vehicle and patron on site before 1pm YOU WILL NOT BE COVERED BY OUR INSURANCE.
3. Allocation of areas is done the day before the market. Any requests you have need to be placed on your application form for consideration and are not guaranteed. We allocate AREAS and not individual SITES. We reallocate from the previous month, so if you miss a month, please do not expect to be in the same AREA. If you come every month, we will allocate you the same AREA, but please do not expect to be in the same SITE. When you arrive, you are required to set up next to the stallholder that is already setting up in your AREA or if you are the first to arrive, then you need to set up first in that AREA. We do not allow stallholders to WAIT for a SITE to become available within the AREA. We know how many stallholders can fit into each AREA so please butt up next to the stallholder that is next to you. We do not like gaps in the AREA. The only INDIVIDUAL SITES that we allocate are POWERED sites (we have very limited power and we require a reason as to why you require power. We only give out powered sites to stallholders who actually require power to be able to run their stall - not for display purposes).If you are found to be aggressive to another stallholder that is believed to be in your SITE (because you were there last month), you will be asked to leave - please find another SITE within the AREA that you have been allocated. If you are aggressive towards the market co-ordinators about not getting the same SITE and we have allocated you the same AREA each month, you will also be asked to leave (no refund). When you complete a form and you sign off, you are aware of these guidelines and how we work at the Ipswich Turf Club...
Aggressive behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated at The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market whatsoever.
4. No refunds will be given whatsoever. The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market trades rain, hail or shine. No credits or refunds are issued in the case of bad weather. The Market will trade in all weather conditions. Please do not apply for a stall unless you are prepared to take the risk. If a stallholder cancels within 14 days of the market it is up to the discretion of the Market Coordinator if they transfer payment to another date however only ONE transfer per market year will occur, if you miss the next booked date you lose your payment. Transfers shall not be expected. There will be no transfers of payment if cancellations occur within 48 hours of the market.
5. Copying the ideas and work of other stallholders may be in breach of creative copyright and is not in the spirit of the market. Any grievances need to be directed specifically to the relevant stallholders. The Handmade Expo Market takes no responsibility in determining copyright legality.
6. It is the market coordinators decision as to how many stalls can sell the same or similar products. Please do not expect to have exclusive rights on any products. The market coordinators decision is final. Any new products that are added to your range that were not on your original application form need to be assessed and approved either by completing a new application form OR emailing through photos to the Market Coordinator for approval/non approval (for eg. originally selling kids clothes and adding a skin care range). Approval for additional products is at the Market Coordinators discretion.
7. Raffle tickets are not to be sold at The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market unless prior approval has been given.
8. Stallholders are responsible for leaving their site and surrounding area clean & tidy from rubbish, etc. If a stallholder’s site is not left clean, a $10 cleaning fee may apply.
9. Stallholders must conﬁne their displays and signs to the stall site and keep pathways clear for patrons as per insurance policy requirements. Floor length table cloths MUST be used on all tables. All the planning in the world for a great display will be lost if your table cloths don't reach the floor and there is a mess behind your stall of bags and boxes. If the public can see this, it will distract them from what you want them to see. The more professional your stall looks, the better the public perceives your items and their quality and they are drawn to your product.
10. Tents and covers must be secure or weighed down at all times. Tent pegs & ropes must not extend into pathways. We highly recommend and encourage a canopy. Even if you are undercover, we still highly recommend and encourage a canopy. As you are aware, you will need to provide your own tables.
11. Stallholders using gas or electrical appliances must have a suitable fire extinguisher or fire blanket on site. Electrical leads must be tagged by a qualified tester every 12 months...max. This will be checked regularly. This also applies to the Not for Profit groups and community groups doing the Sausage Sizzle.
12. It is the responsibility of you as the stallholder and not The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market whatsoever, to trade in accordance with Market, State and Local Laws. If you are selling food please ensure you have a copy of your current, applicable licences with you on the day of the market as The Handmade Expo Market Coordinators may ask to view them or a local Food / Health Inspector maybe onsite at our market at any time, without notice.
13. It is the responsibility of you as the stallholder and not The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market whatsoever to ensure you conform to any Australian standards pertaining to your product.
14. Loud product promotion by stallholders is not permitted.
15. Stalls must not pack up until the advertised closing time.... If you have sold out of product, please approach one of the market coordinators to discuss your options.
16. The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market accept no responsibility for damages of goods.
17. The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market have the right to withdraw the right to trade of any stallholder in dispute with The Handmade Expo Market. Trade will be only reinstated if the dispute is resolved to The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market's satisfaction.
18. Dogs: We do allow dogs to attend our market... Please ensure that they stay on a lead at all times and that they are cleaned up after at all times.
19. We highly encourage a smoke free market; however, we know this cannot always be the case. We do however ask that you smoke AWAY from your site, other stallholders and the public. Please keep in mind the 4m law.
20. The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market will not tolerate any form of bullying whether it is online or physically between stallholders or towards management of The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market. If evidence of bullying has been brought to our attention and a formal complaint has been made, the person or persons instigating the bullying will not be welcome at any of our markets to trade and prior approvals will be withdrawn. The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market take this very seriously and as it has a huge negative impact on our market, our decision is final and there is no negotiation on the matter. If negativity is seen to be directed against The Handmade Expo Market either on social media or to another person resulting from cancellation of approval, independent legal action will be taken.
VINTAGE MARKET GUIDELINES
The handmade Expo and Vintage Market offer sites for Vintage items to be sold in conjunction with our market at the Ipswich location. We have a vision for stalls to be within keeping of the look and feel of The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market and will be appropriately assessing each application with our vision in mind. You will be asked to supply lots of information with your application, photos, Facebook website, pictures of your stall set up and the more information you can give us, the easier it will be for both of us
1. If you are applying to sell in our vintage section, all of your stock must be true vintage or collectable. By definition vintage is ‘Denoting something from the past of high quality, especially something representing the best of its kind’.
2. All vintage items must be clean and your displays presentable, with table cloths to the floor to hide boxes and packaging items.
3. The following items are not permitted at this market: knives (excluding small pocket knives), swords, weaponry, tools, heavy metal or machinery items that require oil or petrol, any items with vulgarities, smutty humour/ swear words or nudity. Whilst they may be vintage or collectable, this is not the market for those items.
4. We do not accept any modern reproduction or mass produced items under the vintage market section.
5. Care must be taken at all times to make sure any stock resting on the floor of your display, does not damage the floor surface (eg. garden furniture with metal legs, heavy wooden boxes)
6. You will be able to combine your handmade items with some vintage items, if you make application to do so and include this in your description.
7. All electrical items for sale must be tagged with either an appropriate safety tag or a clear and visible tag that states the item has not been tested and deemed safe and the buyer must do so before using. (For example Lamps)
8. Any breakages at your stall are not included in our insurance; you must therefore have your own insurance if you want to cover expensive breakages.
9. Detailed photographs of a typical stall set up of your goods will need to accompany your application. The photos should depict the type of items you sell and how you display them. We have a standard set for this market and will only be approving applicants who display that standard. If you list a Facebook page on your application, we will expect to see photos as examples of your market and display experience on your page. If you are a creative, we would also like to see some of your works in progress. We realise by showing us previous pictures of your vintage setup and items that they may already be sold and cannot be reproduced, but it will give us an idea of your style.
Once you have read the attached "rules and guidelines" and completed the Application Form (which you can access on the website at www.thehandmadeexpo.com.au) please email your photos and insurance form if applicable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Handmade Expo and Vintage Market Team look forward to receiving your application form for assessment :)
Andrew, Miriam, Liesa & Korina